Essential Insurance Tips for Long-term Backpacking in Asia?

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi folks! Planning a year-long backpacking journey across Asia. I’m a bit lost on what kind of insurance I should be looking for. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, that sounds exciting! For long-term travel, definitely get a policy that covers both health and repatriation. Healthcare can vary greatly in Asia, so it’s good to be prepared.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also consider insurance for personal liability and theft. Asia’s a safe place generally, but it’s better to be covered in case of unexpected incidents.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! Should I look for something that covers extreme sports too? I’m planning on doing some trekking and scuba diving.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s important to get a policy tailored to your specific needs, especially for a long trip like yours. For comprehensive and backpacker-friendly options, check out this website https://travelinsuranceforbackpacker.com/ They have great information on policies that cater to different types of backpacking adventures. Safe travels!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs